Poisoned Formus
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Forum Where Everyone Can Share There Hobbies, Intrests, Music, Fashion, Hair Etc.This Website Is Not Just For Emos, Its For Indies, Goths, Punks Etc.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Common Questions

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Poisoned-Love
Admin
Poisoned-Love

Common Questions Empty
PostSubject: Common Questions   Common Questions EmptyThu Apr 24, 2008 2:25 pm

What is "Emo"
Theres a lot of stero typing for emos.
It started of as a genre of music:
In the early 90s there was a movement in the hardcore genre that came to be known as "Emotive Hardcore," spearheaded by Rites Of Spring. Harder-core-than-thou kids, who swore by Dischord Records a la Minor Threat, actually coined the term "Emo" as something of a put-down for the kids who really liked Rites Of Spring, Indian Summer and this new wave of "Emotive" Hardcore bands. That's right, "Emo" was once not something kids called themselves. The field exploded outwards from there - Level-Plane Records has always been the most famous Emo label. Acts like Yaphet Kotto, I Hate Myself, Saetia, Hot Cross, A Day In Black And White, Funeral Diner, I Would Set Myself On Fire For You, You And I, and hosts of others came in the next decade. Most emo bands have since broken up, but there's still the occasional hold-out (again, the majority of Level-Plane Records' roster has been a procession of emo acts). Like most DIY hardcore/punk of the time, a majority found its way onto vinyl and not much else.
[From Urban Dictionary]

These days emos are seen as having Black Hair, Skinny Jeans, Band Ts And Eyeliner. This is the common Stero Type. Emos are also thought to be Depressed, Suicidle and Self Harmers. Not all are.
Time To Make Something Clear
No just "emos" are suicidle, self harmers or Depressed. Anyone can do them 3 things, no matter what they are!

Common Questions 38179111
Average Emo Guy

Common Questions 48320810
Average Emo Girl

What Is The Diffrence between "scene" and "emo"
This one i always find hard to explain, so i will do my best!
Scene is more colourful then emo. Scene prefer to have colours in there hair and have lots of accessories.
Everyone has a diffrent view on whats what.
Alot of people believe that Scene is the fashion, Emo is the type of music.
In the end its down to what you personaly believe i guess.

Whats a poser?
A poser is someone who trys to be an emo yet isn't. They go by the common stero type, trying to fit in.

Any other commonly asked questions? just post the question [and answer if you want] and i'll add it to the post!
thanks!

Poisoned x
Back to top Go down
https://emo-hang-out.board-directory.net

Common Questions
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Poisoned Formus :: General-
Jump to: